Monday, April 16, 2012

Curiosity Kills the fat

Curious about an average day in the living room? Allow me to share last weeks' work-outs with you. And just remember--in my line of fitness, curiosity kills the fat.

Monday--Leg Day:

Level II of "Killer Buns and Thighs"
Level I of "Killer Buns and Thighs

*I have found that in order for me to get the best results I have to hit my lower body hard and fast. I also worked Monday night, so I didn't have two hours to while away in the living room trying to half-ass my ass. So for Leg Day, I start with Level II to make sure I'm fresh for all the plyometrics involved. When Jillian says "jump!", I say "how high!?" After banging through Level II, I go straight to Level I and dig through the basics that Jillian manages to put an especially painful spin. (Lunge-squat combos, anyone?) All in all, 80 minutes later, I am always sufficiently exhausted, enjoying that after-burn where you wonder if someone has taken a hatchet to your hind-end.

Tuesday--Upper and Lower Body combination

Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones"
Level I of "30-Day Shred"

*Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones" incorporates lots...and lots...and LOTS of upper body-lower body combination moves that are deadly efficient at keeping m heart rate up, and the sweat pouring out. There's no plyo moves here, which is very healthy for my knees and hips after hitting up "Killer Buns and Thighs" the day before, but there is more than enough repetitious, high-intensity toning going on to keep you occupied. Add an extra 20 minutes of Level I "30-Day Shred" and you have a 70 minute work-out that works you literally from HEAD-TO-TOE!

Wednesday--Cardio

*On Wednesday, I was tired, and didn't feel like thinking...about anything. (I had worked the last two nights, and was going in for night 3 at this point). So I just plugged into my IPod, and cranked on my bike for 55 minutes at 80% of my maximum heart rate (MHR). Pretty simple...

Thursday--Pilates (Because I was exhausted)

*Thursday, I was tired. And I knew I was leaving Friday morning, so Thursday, (my first night off), I threw in a Mari Winsor DVD and stretched and tweezed my way to a more limber and longer and leaner me.

Friday--Cardio and Lower Body (because I want to look hottttt at the wedding Saturday!)

*Friday I was, again, tired, (I never sleep well my first night back home), so I got up early, threw down some coffee, and spun on my bike for 35 minutes at 80% MHR. Then, I got my new copy of "Muscle and Fitness: Hers" and took the Glute work-out featured in the month's issue and modified it to be done in my living room. Instead of the lying glute raise, I did a series of Supermans on my yoga mat, and took the cable-pulley kickbacks and completed them standing with a 5# ankle weight strapped on.  To get into my abductors, I kept that ankle weight on, and did fire hydrants (or outer thigh raises, depending on how politically correct one wishes to be), really slow and controlled, taking time to pause the movement for 3 sec at the top to make that outer thigh shake. I also added a series of hip bridges with my feet propped on a sturdy chair to help crack my glutes even further. And when I finished? My work-out left my ass so exhausted, I had a hard time walking!

The verdict? Saturday morning, after eating 7 hours worth of junk food on the way to Wisconsin, and my fiance's sister's AMAZING spaghetti and mixed drinks, (whiskey and water!!), I was really worried that I wouldn't look my best in my dress. (Chiffon shows everything and forgives nothing!) But after SLIDING it on, and having my fiance zip and hook me in...

I looked HOTTTTTT for the wedding!



No comments:

Post a Comment