Friday, May 11, 2012

Building Balance

Building muscle is probably at the forefront of my mind. I have been trying to keep a close eye on what I eat, how I work out, trying to find ways to bust up boredom as I devotedly hit the living room. I have, as of today saved approximately $485 in the last 3 months by keeping my work-outs strictly confined to home, and have lost an additional 14#.

I think it's safe to say that I got this.

But as the weather warms up, and my up-coming wedding gets closer, I find myself feeling the burn, and not just in my biceps. For the last several weeks, I have been noticing that my flower beds have become populated with an interesting collection of "ornamental weeds", my bathrooms have been embarrassingly neglected, and I haven't cooked a "real meal" for at least that long, as I can easily heat up a "Lean Cuisine" and hit the road.

Long story short, I needed some balance.

So two nights ago, I took a well-deserved break from Jillian and cleaned my master bathroom. Then I threw on my gardening gloves and de-weeded my flower beds, and planted some bulbs. And then, for my grand finale....?
I COOKED SUPPER! A REAL supper!! A spaghetti supper complete with my special sauce, whole grain noodles, and fresh salad.

When my fiance got home, he was so appreciative. We sat down and ate together for the first time in who-knows-how-long, and enjoyed a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat while we caught up, gloated about all the work I did in my flower beds to make the house look nice. (Well, at least on the outside!!)

So yesterday, as I finished up a bunch of laundry, I did some reading, caught up on my e-mail, and enjoyed some TV.

Afterwards? I was ready to take on the world!! I threw on my work-out clothes, and did an hour and half of Jillian.

And enjoyed a shower in a clean, sparkling bathroom. :)

Moral of the story? Balance doesn't make you lazy; balance makes you a better athlete, a better person, and a better fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment