Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Setting new goals?

Right now, I'm sitting at the kitchen table, after only 4 hours of sleep from working last night, and trying to find the motivation to hit the living room. I had half of a soybean peanut butter sandwich, (peanut allergy renders my dietary choices), a cup of Coke on ice, and a cup of milk. (According to the Dr that I saw Monday, I guess I need more dairy).

And the Coke? I explain that only as the weakened resolve found only in those who work nights, and frankly, my dear reader, just don't give a damn sometimes.

So here I sit, not really feeling any ounce of motivation due to lack of sleep, and as I type, I've decided that I need a new goal. A new goal to help keep me on target, and to try to take these gains in fitness and loss in weight to a higher level of performance.

I haven't decided yet what that goal may be, and as of right now, I'm pretty sure it might take me a while to figure that out as I am only on my first cup of double-strength green tea for the afternoon, but after a couple of cups, and the cobwebs clear their way out of my mind, I might have a good idea what that may be.

And after a couple more cups, I may be able to write a clear, concise sentence void of run-ons and looping ideas.

Yesterday, I rode my bike for 45 mins at 85% of my MHR, and then I did about 30 minutes of legs here in the living room. Lots of dropsets, lots of lunges of varying variety, and some focused toning exercises such as single-leg deadlifts and hip bridges to muscle exhaustion have left my ass...and thighs...and hamstrings on fire, and have prevented me from moving any faster than a slow lumber around my house. Plus, after being on my feet all night, that certainly hasn't helped "loosen things up" at all. I keep trying to talk myself into some upper body work, but I think tomorrow I might hit it hard, especially after I can move a little more efficiently!

There is part of me right now that feels pretty darn good about hitting it as hard as I did yesterday. But...on the flip side, last night I did some damage to my healthy eating kick by getting a little...shall we say...crazy? In other words, I ate EVERYTHING in sight! And for me, once I toe the edge, the next thing I know I'm free-falling into a land of ice cream and cinnamon rolls. My facebook status this morning? "Andrea Jo ....is home from work, and is hungry. Look out leftover cinnamon roll, I'm a'coming for ya!"

That pretty much sums it up.

But, in keeping the faith with my previous entry about not letting a slip-up be the end-all of it all, I did make an effort to clean up my eating this afternoon and later on this evening, and yep, I've decided I need a new goal. Something unique, something not done. Maybe perhaps a figure competition? I could the first "did-it-at-home" figure competitor. Maybe I should google that first. I would hate to steal someone's thunder. But I don't know...that's A LOT of commitment, A LOT of hard-core dieting, and probably a LOT of time.

But at the end of the day, don't we all need goals? Something to give us that drive and passion in life? I think  I might Google "did it at home figure competitors " and see what I get. Who knows? Maybe next entry you all will find me looking for good websites to buy a velvet thong bikini....

No comments:

Post a Comment